Some of the world's rarest and most precious metals, including platinum and iridium, could owe their presence in the Earth's crust to iron and stony-iron meteorites, fragments of a large number of asteroids that underwent significant geological processing in the early Solar System.
- New clues to the early Solar System from ancient meteoritesSun, 22 Jul 2012, 14:31:46 EDT
- Meteorites: Tool kits for creating life on EarthMon, 8 Aug 2011, 16:38:01 EDT
- Solar system ice: Source of Earth's waterThu, 12 Jul 2012, 16:05:50 EDT
- Theory of the sun's role in formation of the solar system questionedThu, 4 Sep 2008, 15:23:23 EDT
- Earth-bound asteroids carried ever-evolving, life-starting organic compoundsThu, 9 Jun 2011, 15:36:01 EDT