Hailed as the world's most powerful transmission electron microscope, TEAM 0.5 is living up to expectations. Using the microscope, researchers have produced stunning images of individual carbon atoms in graphene, the two-dimensional crystalline form of carbon that is highly prized by the electronics industry.
- Spring 'blockbuster' movie now showingTue, 31 Mar 2009, 15:08:17 EDT
- Rutgers physicists discover novel electronic properties in two-dimensional carbon structureWed, 14 Oct 2009, 13:24:37 EDT
- Pivoting hooks of graphene's chemical cousin could revolutionize work of electron microscopesMon, 1 Nov 2010, 11:03:06 EDT
- ORNL Z-contrast microscope first to resolve, identify individual light atomsWed, 24 Mar 2010, 16:54:28 EDT
- All wrapped up: K-State researcher's graphene cloak protects bacteria, leading to better imagesTue, 15 Mar 2011, 11:03:38 EDT