Visual field tests are widely used by eye doctors and neurologists. By determining the health of the retina, optic nerve and the visual pathway throughout the brain, the test can uncover glaucoma and conditions such as optic neuritis or brain damage. Essential to undergo before one can drive a car or fly a plane, the visual field test is also used to pinpoint neurological damage after an accident or surgery.
- More frequent visual field testing may lead to earlier detection of glaucoma progressionMon, 8 Aug 2011, 17:34:04 EDT
- Mammals can be stimulated to regrow damaged inner retina nerve cellsMon, 24 Nov 2008, 17:23:37 EST
- Noninvasive current stimulation improves sight in patients with optic nerve damageMon, 31 Oct 2011, 14:38:10 EDT
- Caltech scientists create robot surrogate for blind persons in testing visual prosthesesMon, 19 Oct 2009, 15:29:15 EDT
- What drives brain changes in macular degeneration?Tue, 3 Mar 2009, 17:28:24 EST