Individuals with one of the most aggressive types of brain tumor have an extremely poor prognosis. Although some patients with GBM respond to treatment with drugs known as RTK inhibitors, most subsequently relapse after only a short time. New data, have now provided insight into the mechanism by which GBM cells become resistant to RTK inhibitors and suggest a way to improve the efficacy of RTK inhibitors as a treatment for GBM.
- Overcoming inhibitors of cell death improves cancer therapy efficacySat, 2 Aug 2008, 9:01:08 EDT
- ACP issues guideline on benefits and risks of PDE-5 inhibitor drugs used to treat patients with EDMon, 19 Oct 2009, 19:30:32 EDT
- New inhibitor prevented lesions, reduced tumor size in basal cell cancer Sat, 2 Apr 2011, 18:34:32 EDT
- PI3-kinase and PARP inhibitor combo may offer new treatment option for triple-neg breast cancersMon, 12 Nov 2012, 22:03:47 EST
- Cancer therapy: A role for MAPK inhibitors combined with mTORC1 inhibitorsThu, 21 Aug 2008, 21:21:47 EDT