One-fifth of British adult survivors of childhood cancers are current smokers, and nearly a third have been regular smokers at some point in their lives, according to a study in the July 29 online issue of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
- 1/5 of British adult survivors of childhood cancer smoke despite hazardsWed, 30 Jul 2008, 7:14:32 EDT
- Childhood cancer survivors face higher death risk 25 years later, from cancer, circulatory diseasesTue, 13 Jul 2010, 16:30:17 EDT
- Lifelong cancer risk for patients treated for childhood cancerTue, 26 May 2009, 18:09:14 EDT
- Childhood cancer survivors are at high risk for multiple tumors as they ageMon, 27 Jun 2011, 22:33:10 EDT
- Studies find few risks to newborn offspring of parents who are childhood cancer survivorsThu, 1 Oct 2009, 11:03:01 EDT