Mankind's closest relatives -- the world's monkeys, apes and other primates -- are disappearing from the face of the Earth, with some literally being eaten into extinction. The first comprehensive review in five years of the world's 634 kinds of primates found that almost 50 percent are in danger of going extinct, according to the criteria of the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
- Extinction threat growing for mankind's closest relativesMon, 4 Aug 2008, 20:21:43 EDT
- Newly discovered monkey is threatened with extinctionMon, 28 Jul 2008, 12:21:32 EDT
- Discovery of a primate more than 11 million years oldWed, 21 Apr 2010, 11:09:40 EDT
- 'Extinct' monkey rediscovered in Borneo by new expeditionSat, 21 Jan 2012, 0:34:24 EST
- Primates are more resilient than other animals to environmental ups and downsWed, 1 Dec 2010, 16:34:15 EST