A propensity for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder might be beneficial to a group of Kenyan nomads, according to new research in BMC Evolutionary Biology. Scientists have shown that an ADHD-associated version of the gene DRD4 is associated with better health in nomadic tribesmen, and yet may cause malnourishment in their settled cousins.
- ADHD an advantage for nomadic tribesmen?Mon, 9 Jun 2008, 20:35:50 EDT
- ADHD genes found, known to play roles in neurodevelopmentTue, 23 Jun 2009, 11:43:13 EDT
- Nomad people baffle with good health in spite of malnourishmentMon, 17 May 2010, 11:42:10 EDT
- Nomads of the galaxyWed, 23 May 2012, 15:32:47 EDT
- Is ADHD more likely to affect movement in boys or girls?Tue, 4 Nov 2008, 12:24:12 EST