Scientists have taken an important step toward understanding how the human brain codes the meanings of words by creating the first computational model that can predict the unique brain activation patterns associated with names for things that you can see, hear, feel, taste or smell. The model predicts brain activation patterns for thousands of concrete nouns.
- Carnegie Mellon computer model reveals how brain represents meaningThu, 29 May 2008, 14:50:01 EDT
- Computational model sheds light on how the brain recognizes objectsTue, 8 Jun 2010, 10:37:25 EDT
- Brain implant reveals the neural patterns of attentionWed, 24 Feb 2010, 12:39:58 EST
- Daydreaming simulated by computer modelFri, 12 Jul 2013, 20:41:20 EDT
- Computer model predicts brain tumor growth and evolutionMon, 18 May 2009, 12:51:57 EDT