Studies reveal that in the dog-eat-dog, look-out-for-No. 1, highly competitive business world, only the aggressive, risk-taking alpha male can expect to succeed as an entrepreneur. That statement may sound sexist, but it represents a commonly held gender stereotype. Researcher found that these stereotypes influence whether or not men and women decide to pursue entrepreneurship as a viable career option.
- Taking care of business shouldn't be just for menThu, 22 May 2008, 12:49:43 EDT
- Marketing technique: Activating gender stereotypes just to knock 'em downTue, 12 Feb 2013, 15:03:51 EST
- Psyched out by stereotypes: IU research suggests thinking about the positiveMon, 4 May 2009, 0:29:31 EDT
- Being faced with gender stereotypes makes women less likely to take financial risksWed, 17 Nov 2010, 13:03:57 EST
- Gender stereotypes contradicted when negotiatingThu, 7 Aug 2008, 11:08:35 EDT