Location technologies are improving health care in the UK, but compatibility problems could limit their impact. The RFID tags are being used for security for babies in maternity units (prevention of abduction) and asset tracking, as well as for other purposes.
- Location! Location! Location technologies are improving NHS careTue, 6 May 2008, 10:14:21 EDT
- Electronic medical records not always linked to better care in hospitals, study findsThu, 23 Dec 2010, 13:32:17 EST
- Electronic health record alone may have limited ability to improve quality, costs of careTue, 6 Apr 2010, 10:54:09 EDT
- Electronic health records prime clinicians to provide progressive care to older adultsThu, 8 Jul 2010, 12:19:03 EDT
- Space research gives birth to new ultrasound tools for health care in orbit, on EarthThu, 23 Jun 2011, 16:38:35 EDT