Tens of thousands of albatrosses and other far-ranging seabirds are killed each year after they become caught in longline fishing gear. Innovative new models developed by a Duke University-led research team may help reduce these casualties by more precisely projecting where and when birds and boats are likely to cross paths...
- New models may reduce seabird bycatchMon, 4 Apr 2011, 16:04:36 EDT
- New study raises concerns about proposed mitigation strategy for marine bycatchWed, 18 Jun 2008, 8:07:40 EDT
- Energetic bottleneck factors in catastrophic winter seabird lossesFri, 17 Jul 2009, 5:43:25 EDT
- Commercial fishing estimated to kill millions of sea turtlesTue, 6 Apr 2010, 11:22:45 EDT
- Warmer summers could create challenges for nesting Arctic seabirdsWed, 24 Mar 2010, 12:19:37 EDT