Though considered a promising large-scale energy storage device, the vanadium redox battery's use has been limited by its inability to work well in a wide range of temperatures and its high cost. But new research indicates that modifying the battery's electrolyte solution significantly improves its performance. So much so that the upgraded battery could improve the electric grid's reliability and help connect more wind turbines and solar panels to the grid...
- Upgrading the vanadium redox batteryThu, 17 Mar 2011, 14:03:49 EDT
- Improved redox flow batteries for electric carsTue, 13 Oct 2009, 11:17:12 EDT
- ORNL research paves way for larger, safer lithium ion batteriesThu, 24 Jan 2013, 0:05:45 EST
- Giant batteries for green power Mon, 4 Apr 2011, 10:21:17 EDT
- New battery design could help solar and wind power the gridWed, 24 Apr 2013, 15:42:46 EDT