Many of the most well known comets, including Halley, Hale-Bopp and, most recently, McNaught, may have been born in orbit around other stars, according to a new theory by an international team of astronomers led by a scientist from the Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) in Boulder, Colo....
- Many famous comets originally formed in other solar systemsThu, 10 Jun 2010, 16:11:46 EDT
- Many comets originally formed in other solar systems: Queen's University astronomerThu, 10 Jun 2010, 16:11:06 EDT
- Astronomers discover missing link for origin of cometsThu, 4 Sep 2008, 15:23:14 EDT
- Primitive asteroids in the main asteroid belt may have formed far from the sunWed, 15 Jul 2009, 13:38:16 EDT
- Exocomets may be as common as exoplanetsMon, 7 Jan 2013, 16:35:00 EST