Patients with coronary heart disease who had higher omega-3 fatty acid blood levels had an associated lower rate of shortening of telomere length, a chromosome marker of biological ageing, raising the possibility that these fatty acids may protect against cellular ageing, according to a study in the January 20 issue of JAMA...
- Link examined between omega-3 fatty acid levels and biological aging marker in patients with CHDTue, 19 Jan 2010, 16:36:22 EST
- Omega-6 fatty acids: Make them a part of heart-healthy eatingMon, 26 Jan 2009, 18:08:00 EST
- Wake Forest researchers say popular fish contains potentially dangerous fatty acid combinationTue, 8 Jul 2008, 14:14:41 EDT
- It's no fish tale: Omega-3 fatty acids prevent medical complications of obesityThu, 12 Feb 2009, 14:57:24 EST
- Use of omega-3 with treatment for depression in heart disease patients may not provide benefitTue, 20 Oct 2009, 17:24:56 EDT