The discovery of fossil footprints from early backboned land animals in Poland leads to the sensational conclusion that our ancestors left the water at least 18 million years earlier than previously thought. The results of the Polish-Swedish collaboration are published online this week in Nature...
- Fossil footprints give land vertebrates a much longer historyThu, 7 Jan 2010, 9:25:21 EST
- Closing the gap between fish and land animalsWed, 25 Jun 2008, 20:07:36 EDT
- New fossil amphibian provides earliest widespread evidence of terrestrial invertebratesMon, 15 Mar 2010, 14:31:19 EDT
- Ancient Australian fossils were on land, not at sea, geologist proposesWed, 12 Dec 2012, 14:37:19 EST
- Swedish researcher finds missing piece of fossil puzzleMon, 13 Jul 2009, 13:51:47 EDT