'The 'chicken and egg' question of whether a galaxy or its black hole comes first is one of the most debated subjects in astrophysics today,' says lead author David Elbaz. 'Our study suggests that supermassive black holes can trigger the formation of stars, thus 'building' their own host galaxies. This link could also explain why galaxies hosting larger black holes have more stars'...
- Black hole caught zapping galaxy into existence?Mon, 30 Nov 2009, 11:57:58 EST
- Revealing a mini-supermassive black holeWed, 24 Oct 2012, 17:07:16 EDT
- Black hole growth found to be out of syncTue, 12 Jun 2012, 10:33:54 EDT
- Surprise: Dwarf galaxy harbors supermassive black holeSun, 9 Jan 2011, 13:51:26 EST
- Black holes are the rhythm at the heart of galaxiesTue, 18 Nov 2008, 16:23:00 EST