Winter chill, a vital climatic trigger for many tree crops, is likely to decrease by more than 50 percent during this century as global climate warms, making California no longer suitable for growing many fruit and nut crops, according to a team of researchers from the University of California, Davis, and the University of Washington...
- Warming climate threatens California fruit and nut productionWed, 22 Jul 2009, 5:33:22 EDT
- California's hydroelectricity production is vulnerable to climate changeTue, 7 Aug 2012, 14:04:53 EDT
- Global warming could alter the US premium wine industry in 30 years, says Stanford studyThu, 30 Jun 2011, 12:37:59 EDT
- Projected California warming promises cycle of more heat waves, energy use for next centuryThu, 10 Jul 2008, 13:14:40 EDT
- Climate change threatens many tree species, say Hebrew U. researchersMon, 24 Jan 2011, 9:04:26 EST