Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 06:07 in Health & Medicine
Women of childbearing age can reduce the risk of having a child born with a neural tube defect such as spina bifida by eating enough folate or folic acid. However, folate prevents only about 70 percent of these defects...
- Some neural tube defects in mice linked to enzyme deficiencyMon, 25 May 2009, 17:36:43 EDT
- Irish-led research team rule out link between specific antibodies and spina bifidaWed, 8 Jul 2009, 17:29:40 EDT
- Fortifying corn masa flour with folic acid could prevent birth defects, March of Dimes saysThu, 16 Jun 2011, 23:31:17 EDT
- Joslin study finds clue to birth defects in babies of mothers with diabetesMon, 17 Oct 2011, 19:35:16 EDT
- Increased consumption of folic acid can reduce birth defects but blood levels in Canadians are now highMon, 13 Dec 2010, 12:33:58 EST