People who can speak two languages are more adept at learning a new foreign language than their monolingual counterparts, according to research conducted at Northwestern University. And their bilingual advantage persists even when the new language they study is completely different from the languages they already know...
- Exposure to 2 languages carries far-reaching benefitsTue, 19 May 2009, 16:23:05 EDT
- Bilinguals find it easier to learn a third languageTue, 1 Feb 2011, 11:35:53 EST
- Bilingual babies: The roots of bilingualism in newbornsTue, 16 Feb 2010, 14:30:37 EST
- Study shows bilinguals are unable to 'turn off' a language completelyTue, 18 Aug 2009, 11:57:59 EDT
- A second language gives toddlers an edgeWed, 19 Jan 2011, 11:37:47 EST