Fire must be accounted for as an integral part of climate change, according to 22 authors of an article published in the 24 April issue of the journal Science. The authors determined that intentional deforestation fires alone contribute up to one-fifth of the human-caused increase in emissions of carbon dioxide, a heat-trapping gas that raises global temperature...
- Fire is important part of global climate change, report scientistsThu, 23 Apr 2009, 14:58:19 EDT
- Fire is an important and under-appreciated part of global climate changeThu, 23 Apr 2009, 14:58:16 EDT
- Climate change to alter global fire riskTue, 12 Jun 2012, 20:34:19 EDT
- Fire influences global warming more than previously thoughtThu, 23 Apr 2009, 14:38:30 EDT
- Fires in Amazon challenge emission reduction programThu, 3 Jun 2010, 14:52:44 EDT