Health aid contributes 60% of funding to the Solomon Islands. The Islands have considerable health concerns including a double burden of both infectious and chronic diseases. This, coupled with damages from natural disasters, political instability and tensions between ethnic groups means most Islands in the Pacific, rely heavily on donations and externally funded programs. According to Australian research conducted in the Solomon Islands, simple cooperation between agencies and local governments is the key to good health care aid...
- The key to good foreign aid: Research highlights aid achievements in Solomon IslandsMon, 16 Mar 2009, 10:33:44 EDT
- Solomon Islands earthquake sheds light on enhanced tsunami riskThu, 9 Apr 2009, 14:30:19 EDT
- Solomon Islands under warnings for category 4 Cyclone UluiMon, 15 Mar 2010, 17:55:57 EDT
- Naturally blond hair in Solomon Islanders rooted in native gene, Stanford study findsThu, 3 May 2012, 17:12:42 EDT
- A NASA satellite mosaic of twin tropical troublesome cyclones: Tomas and UluiTue, 16 Mar 2010, 13:38:55 EDT