Drexel University began construction on a $69 million building that will include a 'Bio Wall' or living biofilter for energy efficiency and improved indoor air quality. Canadian-based Diamond and Schmitt Architects are the designers of the landmark structure to be built on the northeast corner of 33rd and Chestnut Streets. The new Integrated Sciences Building will incorporate classrooms, science labs and offices...
- NJIT architect professor advocates best-building practices for high wind regionsWed, 9 Jul 2008, 12:21:52 EDT
- NJIT professor tells architects building practices to withstand hurricanesMon, 7 Jun 2010, 18:05:51 EDT
- NJIT expert advises on the do and don't of building in hurricane-prone areasMon, 15 Jun 2009, 14:50:40 EDT
- Tel Aviv University's eco-architecture could produce 'grow your own' homesThu, 21 Aug 2008, 13:28:44 EDT
- Getting lost in buildings: Architecture can bias your cognitive mapTue, 23 Nov 2010, 17:02:54 EST