The team of Dr Robert Koenekoop which includes Dr Irma Lopez from the Research Institute of the MUHC at the Montreal Children's Hospital played a crucial role in the international collaboration that led to the discovery of a new gene that causes Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA) and retinitis pigmentosa (RP), two devastating forms of childhood blindness...
- Discovery of a new retinal gene involved in childhood blindnessThu, 5 Mar 2009, 12:39:02 EST
- Gene therapy research from Penn Vet & Scheie Eye Inst. cures retinitis pigmentosa in dogsMon, 23 Jan 2012, 21:33:25 EST
- New study on promise of gene therapy for Leber congenital amaurosisTue, 6 Apr 2010, 9:23:19 EDT
- Vision improvement after gene therapy maintained at 1 year for inherited retinal blindnessWed, 12 Aug 2009, 17:35:47 EDT
- OU researchers find way to prevent blindness in research model for retinitis pigmentosaFri, 11 Jun 2010, 18:54:21 EDT