A detailed analysis of the measurements of five different satellites has revealed the existence of the warm plasma cloak, a new region of the magnetosphere, which is the invisible shield of magnetic fields and electrically charged particles that surround and protect Earth from the onslaught of the solar wind...
- Researchers identify new region of the magnetosphereFri, 12 Dec 2008, 13:56:42 EST
- Teamwork: IBEX and TWINS observe a solar stormThu, 12 Apr 2012, 19:34:06 EDT
- Earth's magnetosphere behaves like a sieveWed, 24 Oct 2012, 12:36:11 EDT
- NASA's TWINS and IBEX spacecraft observe solar storm from inside and outside Earth's magnetosphereWed, 28 Mar 2012, 10:36:13 EDT
- A decade of studying the Earth's magnetic shield, in 3-DTue, 31 Aug 2010, 19:28:43 EDT