Spanish researchers have shown that the salinity of sea water could act as a 'barrier,' preventing the turtles from moving between the areas of the Western Mediterranean. This is why loggerhead turtles from the south and north of the Western Mediterranean do not mix as juveniles. This finding could help in the development of measures to protect this migratory species...
- How can accidental captures of loggerhead turtles be reduced?Fri, 26 Feb 2010, 9:51:21 EST
- Loggerhead release to provide vital information to scientific communityTue, 4 Nov 2008, 12:24:06 EST
- Increasingly threatened loggerheads follow their own paths in travel, eatingTue, 23 Mar 2010, 21:37:08 EDT
- New turtle tracking technique may aid efforts to save loggerheadFri, 21 Sep 2012, 10:16:03 EDT
- Study finds high mortality of endangered loggerhead sea turtles in Baja CaliforniaTue, 14 Oct 2008, 17:07:33 EDT