PORTLAND, Ore. -- The often feared and sometimes deadly infections caused by MRSA -- methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus -- are now moving out of hospitals and emerging as an even more virulent strain in community settings and on athletic teams, and raising new concerns about antibiotic resistance.
- New, virulent strain of MRSA poses renewed antibiotic resistance concernsTue, 22 Dec 2009, 13:52:43 EST
- Antibiotics as active mutagens in the emergence of multidrug resistanceThu, 11 Feb 2010, 13:31:29 EST
- MRSA study suggests strategy shift needed to develop effective therapeuticsTue, 17 Mar 2009, 12:57:29 EDT
- Additive restores antibiotic effectiveness against MRSAMon, 22 Oct 2012, 17:35:06 EDT
- New strain of MRSA discoveredFri, 3 Jun 2011, 19:04:18 EDT