Researchers at the University of Maryland School of Medicine Center for Vaccine Development (CVD) have charted the extreme genetic differences that occur over time in the most dangerous malaria parasite in the world. While there is no approved vaccine for malaria, various experimental vaccines are in development.
- UM School of Medicine researchers find extreme genetic variability in malaria parasiteWed, 14 Oct 2009, 15:00:37 EDT
- UM School of Medicine scientists find new malaria vaccine is safe and protective in childrenWed, 3 Feb 2010, 20:54:00 EST
- Researchers discover biochemical weakness of malaria parasite -- vaccine to be developedTue, 7 Jun 2011, 12:38:38 EDT
- New lead on malaria treatmentMon, 18 May 2009, 13:16:08 EDT
- NTU researchers complete the world's first in-depth study of the malaria parasite genomeFri, 5 Feb 2010, 10:54:40 EST