Four major US national laboratories have worked together to develop a computer model to help airport authorities screen passengers for pandemic influenza. The tool can help estimate false negatives, people with influenza who slip through the screening process, and so assess the risk of infected passengers unknowingly spreading disease across the nation.
- Pandemic passenger screeningTue, 19 May 2009, 10:37:37 EDT
- Risk-based passenger screening could make air travel saferTue, 31 Jan 2012, 15:34:44 EST
- NIH scientists explore 1510 influenza pandemic and lessons learnedFri, 12 Nov 2010, 12:03:06 EST
- Researchers find infrared thermal detection systems useful for patient screeningSat, 20 Mar 2010, 0:50:11 EDT
- Boosting the sensitivity of airport security screeningThu, 15 Nov 2012, 16:07:14 EST