The new study, which was published on April 12, 2009, in an advanced online edition of the journal Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, draws new parallels between the Rad60 DNA repair factor and SUMO, a small ubiquitin-like modifier, which are both essential for maintaining genome stability during replication.
- Scripps scientists uncover mimicry at the molecular level that protects genome integrityMon, 13 Apr 2009, 16:35:30 EDT
- SUMO works with replication protein A complex to repair DNAThu, 12 Aug 2010, 13:15:28 EDT
- Aphid's genome generates exciting questionsMon, 22 Feb 2010, 23:36:14 EST
- CSHL scientists clarify editing error underlying genetic neurodegenerative diseaseWed, 28 Jan 2009, 14:11:54 EST
- Details of bacterial 'injection' system revealedSun, 26 Apr 2009, 13:37:26 EDT