Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 02:14 in Biology & Nature
Remote sensing is crucial for getting the measure of forest loss. Countries don't need their own satellites but they do need training.
- Landsat sets the standard for maps of world's forestsMon, 18 Jun 2012, 22:01:13 EDT
- Wildfires result in loss of forests reserved by Northwest Forest PlanFri, 7 Nov 2008, 11:16:02 EST
- Threatened frogs palmed off as forests disappearMon, 3 Jun 2013, 13:04:25 EDT
- Study ties forest 'greenness' in western US to snowpack extentMon, 10 Sep 2012, 15:04:21 EDT
- Forest peoples' rights key to reducing emissions from deforestationWed, 15 Oct 2008, 12:22:28 EDT