Friday, December 19, 2008 - 00:56 in Mathematics & Economics
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Some things never change. Scientists said on Friday they had replicated an experiment in which people obediently delivered painful shocks to others if encouraged to do so by authority figures.
- Replicating Milgram: Researcher finds most will administer shocks when prodded by 'authority figure'Fri, 19 Dec 2008, 0:56:32 EST
- Instead of defibrillator's painful jolt, there may be a gentler way to prevent sudden deathWed, 28 Sep 2011, 16:40:17 EDT
- Shocking results from diamond anvil cell experimentsTue, 6 Jul 2010, 14:08:41 EDT
- The pain of torture can make the innocent seem guiltyMon, 26 Oct 2009, 14:44:27 EDT
- Molecular mechanism of anaphylactic shock decodedWed, 28 Jan 2009, 15:08:13 EST