The jury is still out on the effectiveness of prevention programs for knee injuries in young athletes, according to a study presented today at the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. Better designed research studies are needed before it can be determined that ACL and knee injuries can be prevented with specialized training programs, the study noted.
- Knee injuries may start with strain on the brain, not the musclesFri, 24 Jul 2009, 11:15:03 EDT
- Program may prevent knee injuries in young female soccer playersMon, 11 Jan 2010, 18:21:52 EST
- Study suggests preseason shoulder strength may determine injury severity for baseball pitchersFri, 10 Jul 2009, 0:35:29 EDT
- ACL reconstruction doesn't harm NFL career length, study suggestsSat, 11 Jul 2009, 0:21:42 EDT
- New research points to a possible gender link in knee injuriesThu, 7 Jul 2011, 10:37:12 EDT