If global warming some day causes the West Antarctic Ice Sheet to collapse, as many experts believe it could, the resulting sea level rise in much of the United States and other parts of the world would be significantly higher than is currently projected, a new study concludes.
- Sea level rise could be worse than anticipatedThu, 5 Feb 2009, 14:31:41 EST
- Sea-level rise around North America upon collapse of Antarctic ice sheet to be higher than expectedThu, 5 Feb 2009, 14:31:38 EST
- Melting threat from West Antarctic Ice Sheet may be less than expected, could hit US hardestThu, 14 May 2009, 14:29:35 EDT
- Andrill demonstrates climate warming affects Antarctic ice sheet stabilityWed, 18 Mar 2009, 14:36:53 EDT
- Threat from West Antarctica less than previously believedThu, 14 May 2009, 14:29:39 EDT