Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 19:00 in Earth & Climate
An environmental entrepreneur scattered 100 tons of iron dust in the Pacific Ocean this summer without any academic or government oversight, startling researchers and regulators.
- A Zen discovery: Unrusted iron in oceanSun, 8 Feb 2009, 13:28:30 EST
- Ocean islands fuel productivity and carbon sequestration through natural iron fertilizationFri, 30 Jan 2009, 10:49:58 EST
- 'Hot-bunking' bacterium recycles iron to boost ocean metabolismMon, 10 Jan 2011, 16:12:18 EST
- Moving iron in AntarcticaWed, 12 Jun 2013, 15:04:39 EDT
- Newly discovered ocean plume could be major source of ironMon, 19 Aug 2013, 18:31:28 EDT