Saturday, May 5, 2012 - 20:00 in Mathematics & Economics
Brazil is building the third largest hydroelectric dam in the world in the Amazon basin, and plans to build 60 in all, but indigenous people say they are threatened and so is the rainforest.
- From the Amazon rainforest to human body cells: Quantifying stabilitySun, 6 Jan 2013, 23:01:10 EST
- Amazon carbon sink threatened by droughtThu, 5 Mar 2009, 14:44:11 EST
- Oil and gas projects in western Amazon threaten biodiversity and indigenous peoplesTue, 12 Aug 2008, 20:35:43 EDT
- Tree rings go with the flow of the AmazonMon, 1 Oct 2012, 16:38:24 EDT
- A second hydrocarbon boom threatens the Peruvian AmazonThu, 18 Feb 2010, 10:32:05 EST