Barack Obama accepted 's invitation to answer 18 science-related questions in writing; John McCain's campaign declined. Obama's answers to many of the questions are printed here; answers to additional questions (on topics including biosecurity, the nuclear weapons laboratories and US participation in international projects) can be found at Wherever possible, has noted what McCain has said at other times on these topics.
- MU expert says presidential debates likely to be as significant as 1960 Kennedy-Nixon debateTue, 23 Sep 2008, 13:21:44 EDT
- Report offers advice to McCain, Obama on science and technology appointmentsWed, 17 Sep 2008, 11:36:27 EDT
- Microbes answer more questions collectivelyWed, 26 May 2010, 11:18:34 EDT
- Artful dodgers: Responding but not answering often undetectedThu, 5 May 2011, 11:34:50 EDT
- Penn research answers long-standing question about swimming in elastic liquidsWed, 18 May 2011, 13:37:44 EDT