Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 01:01 in Paleontology & Archaeology
Once blood red, the monument depicts the sun god as shark, blood drinker, and jaguar—and sheds new light on the Maya god-king connection.
- Discovery of stone monument at El Perú-Waka' adds new chapter to ancient Maya historyWed, 17 Jul 2013, 17:25:04 EDT
- Maya archaeologists unearth new 2012 monumentThu, 28 Jun 2012, 15:06:49 EDT
- Researchers find linkages between climate change and political, human impacts among ancient MayaThu, 8 Nov 2012, 15:08:11 EST
- El Zotz masks yield insights into Maya beliefsWed, 18 Jul 2012, 14:03:05 EDT
- University of Toronto archeologists discover temple that sheds light on so-called Dark AgeWed, 15 Apr 2009, 14:56:46 EDT