Monday, August 3, 2009 - 17:35 in Biology & Nature
A loggerhead sea turtle seemingly injured by a shark was recently fitted with "trial" prosthetics as part of efforts to give the rare animal fully functioning flippers. Video.
- Baby sea turtles and flipper-driven robot reveal principles of moving on sandTue, 23 Apr 2013, 21:52:59 EDT
- Field study exposes how sea turtle hatchlings use their flippers to move quickly on sandThu, 25 Feb 2010, 9:12:58 EST
- Study finds high mortality of endangered loggerhead sea turtles in Baja CaliforniaTue, 14 Oct 2008, 17:07:33 EDT
- New turtle tracking technique may aid efforts to save loggerheadFri, 21 Sep 2012, 10:16:03 EDT
- Increasingly threatened loggerheads follow their own paths in travel, eatingTue, 23 Mar 2010, 21:37:08 EDT