Monday, September 15, 2008 - 13:35 in Earth & Climate
Coming ashore as a strong Category 2 storm, Hurricane Ike blew out windows, flooded streets, and forced rescue crews to wait to begin helping the thousands of residents who chose to stay put.
- In the eye of the storm: Why some people stayed behindThu, 2 Jul 2009, 11:08:30 EDT
- Baja California residents watching for Hurricane RickFri, 16 Oct 2009, 11:07:43 EDT
- Celia now in the Major Leagues: a category three hurricaneThu, 24 Jun 2010, 17:22:45 EDT
- Hurricane Ike tracked by ESA's EnvisatThu, 11 Sep 2008, 12:07:38 EDT
- Ring around the hurricanes: Satellites can predict storm intensityWed, 20 Apr 2011, 16:04:54 EDT