Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 16:14 in Earth & Climate
As the planet warms, plant species in Europe have been moving into higher elevations to stay within ideal temperature zones at a rate of about ten feet (three meters) a year, a new study shows.
- Plants take a hike as temperatures riseTue, 10 Feb 2009, 10:03:32 EST
- Warming in Yosemite National Park sends small mammals packing to higher, cooler elevationsThu, 9 Oct 2008, 14:43:02 EDT
- Mountain plants unable to withstand invasionThu, 21 Jan 2010, 11:37:02 EST
- Accelerating climate change exerts strong pressure on Europe's mountain floraFri, 20 Apr 2012, 16:31:51 EDT
- Warming climate is changing life on global scale, says new studyWed, 14 May 2008, 13:36:00 EDT