Friday, May 9, 2008 - 13:28 in Earth & Climate
Troops forced out the last holdouts after glowing rocks spewed from Chaitén. An expert warns that a catastrophic flow of toxic gas and ash could follow.
- GOES satellites see ash still spewing from Chilean volcanoWed, 29 Jun 2011, 22:32:43 EDT
- New ways of measuring catastrophic risks may enhance Air Force effortsWed, 31 Mar 2010, 14:38:42 EDT
- Chile's Chaiten volcano one of scores of active volcanoes in region, says CU-Boulder professorWed, 7 May 2008, 9:28:39 EDT
- Experts gather as volcanic dust settlesFri, 28 May 2010, 11:15:44 EDT
- Geologists discover signs of volcanoes blowing their tops in the deep oceanWed, 25 Jun 2008, 13:28:23 EDT