Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 21:30 in Earth & Climate
The Afar Rift in Ethiopia is marked by enormous gashes that signal the breakup of the African continent and the beginnings of a new ocean basin, scientists think.
- African desert rift confirmed as new ocean in the makingMon, 2 Nov 2009, 14:57:45 EST
- Prehistoric pelvis offers clues to human developmentThu, 13 Nov 2008, 14:37:35 EST
- OU graduate student developing solutions for water problems in EthiopiaMon, 16 May 2011, 18:36:10 EDT
- Scripps scientists image deep magma beneath Pacific seafloor volcanoWed, 27 Mar 2013, 15:23:29 EDT
- Ethiopia's climate 27 million years ago had higher rainfall, warmer soilThu, 22 Oct 2009, 17:30:22 EDT