By Alicia Chang, The Associated PressLOS ANGELES — Stephen Hawking on Tuesday toured a stem cell laboratory where scientists are studying ways to slow the progression of Lou Gehrig's disease, a neurological disorder that has left the British cosmologist almost completely paralyzed.After the visit, the 71-year-old Hawking urged doctors, nurses and staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to support the...
- Wave-generated 'white hole' boosts hawking radiation theory: UBC researchTue, 18 Jan 2011, 11:21:59 EST
- Stem cell research: What progress has been made, what is its potential?Fri, 10 Sep 2010, 10:09:48 EDT
- Referring doctors increasingly aware of deep brain stimulation therapy; more work remainsTue, 16 Aug 2011, 13:33:54 EDT
- Study provides documentation that tumor 'stem-like cells' exist in benign tumorsThu, 23 Jul 2009, 9:36:13 EDT
- Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute and the Watchman Left Atrial Appendage SystemThu, 19 Jun 2008, 10:26:55 EDT