Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 17:30 in Earth & Climate
Just a week after scientists reported with alarm that 97 percent of Greenland had seen ice melting on the surface in mid-July, new data shows that after a brief refreeze much of the massive ice sheet has again seen melt.
- Analysis of past glacial melting shows potential for increased Greenland ice melt and sea level riseSun, 31 Aug 2008, 14:43:03 EDT
- Greenland and Antarctic ice sheet melting, rate unknownMon, 16 Feb 2009, 12:14:48 EST
- Thin clouds drove Greenland's record-breaking 2012 ice meltWed, 3 Apr 2013, 14:07:40 EDT
- Extreme melting on Greenland ice sheet, reports CCNY teamTue, 25 Oct 2011, 17:36:34 EDT
- Princeton research: Embracing data 'noise' brings Greenland's complex ice melt into focusTue, 27 Nov 2012, 22:02:04 EST