Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 17:30 in Health & Medicine
The so-called Maiden mummy of a 15-year-old Incan girl who was sacrificed 500 years ago is giving up some secrets, revealing the teenager suffered from a bacterial lung infection at the time of her death, scientists report Wednesday.
- Ancient mummy had lung infection, according to novel proteomics analysisWed, 25 Jul 2012, 22:31:24 EDT
- Mummies tell history of a 'modern' plagueMon, 23 May 2011, 13:32:43 EDT
- The 700-year-old Mexican mummy with a tummy acheMon, 14 Jul 2008, 21:22:10 EDT
- Hospital tests reveal the secrets of an Egyptian mummyWed, 2 Nov 2011, 20:42:42 EDT
- Bacterial infection alone not an indicator of poor lung function in adolescents with CFMon, 16 May 2011, 18:34:55 EDT