Talk about extended family: A single-celled organism in Norway has been called "mankind's furthest relative." It is so far removed from the organisms we know that researchers claim it belongs to a new base group, called a kingdom, on the tree of life.
- Move over, spongesMon, 26 Jan 2009, 22:35:25 EST
- New 'Tree of Life' established for one of the largest groups of bacteriaMon, 17 May 2010, 15:43:39 EDT
- King's College London reveals promising techniques for extending the life of an organ transplantWed, 15 Sep 2010, 8:42:39 EDT
- Study of giant viruses shakes up tree of lifeThu, 13 Sep 2012, 13:01:06 EDT
- Root of the matter: A new map shows life-saving forests' scarcity defies past estimatesThu, 28 Oct 2010, 13:03:54 EDT