Fierce dinosaurs may not have had to contend with many predators, but intense and frequent wildfires may have been a real threat during their reign, new research suggests. Wildfires seem to have left their mark on the archeological record in the form of charcoal deposits.
- Hot topic: Improving communications to fight wildfiresMon, 26 Jul 2010, 11:16:07 EDT
- Hospital visits for respiratory illnesses spiked during Southern California wildfiresTue, 18 Nov 2008, 13:08:35 EST
- Plants could override climate change effects on wildfiresFri, 1 May 2009, 14:18:02 EDT
- Plants could override climate change effects on wildfiresWed, 22 Apr 2009, 17:31:15 EDT
- Charcoal evidence tracks climate changes in Younger DryasWed, 28 Jan 2009, 13:44:29 EST