Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 21:35 in Paleontology & Archaeology
We tend to think of Neanderthals as one species of cavemen-like creatures, but now scientists say there were actually at least three different subgroups of Neanderthals.
- Complete Neanderthal genome sequencedThu, 6 May 2010, 15:12:12 EDT
- Neanderthal genome yields insights into human evolution and evidence of interbreedingThu, 6 May 2010, 15:12:09 EDT
- Study confirms 3 Neanderthal sub-groupsTue, 14 Apr 2009, 21:07:36 EDT
- New evidence debunks 'stupid' Neanderthal mythMon, 25 Aug 2008, 22:29:08 EDT
- Analysis of teeth suggests modern humans mature more slowly than Neanderthals didMon, 15 Nov 2010, 15:35:31 EST