Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 15:21 in Biology & Nature
In work that solves a long-standing mystery in neuroscience, researchers at MIT's Picower Institute for Learning and Memory have shown for the first time that star-shaped brain cells called astrocytes make noninvasive brain scans possible.
- MIT unlocks mystery behind brain imagingThu, 19 Jun 2008, 15:22:22 EDT
- Star-shaped brain cells feed long-term memoryThu, 3 Mar 2011, 13:03:50 EST
- The mind's eye scans like a spotlightWed, 12 Aug 2009, 12:39:12 EDT
- Individual brain cells can ID both cars and catsWed, 9 Jun 2010, 13:01:38 EDT
- MIT researchers find that 2 proteins are key for normal-sized brainsWed, 12 May 2010, 12:46:28 EDT