Some industrial businesses are still fighting the cap-and-trade program, which requires big polluters to either reduce their emissions or buy credits to cover the difference. The auction is Nov. 14.SACRAMENTO — After six years of preparation, California is poised to become the first state to combat global warming by capping greenhouse gas emissions and making major polluters pay to release more of these gases into the atmosphere.
- MIT analysis shows how cap-and-trade plans can cut greenhouse emissionsThu, 13 Nov 2008, 13:09:56 EST
- Greenhouse gas auction revenues can help cut Md. electric use significantly, says studyThu, 23 Oct 2008, 9:45:14 EDT
- California's N2O emissions may be nearly triple current estimatesTue, 4 Dec 2012, 16:13:19 EST
- Denver to Barcelona: Global cities and greenhouse gas emissionsWed, 23 Sep 2009, 12:52:42 EDT
- Decline in greenhouse gas emissions would reduce sea-level rise, save Arctic Sea iceTue, 14 Apr 2009, 14:22:48 EDT